Right now, I am sitting beneath a forest of Redwood trees, listening to a frog croak and a stream run. The sun is shining, and there is a soft breeze. It truly is similar to the beginning of some fairy tale read to me as a boy. I live here. Often times I will be walking here from one place to another, and I am forced to take a moment and just look around. My home is settled in the middle of a valley and because of that, I am able to see mountains of trees surrounding this place. I am a 23 year old boy loving his life. I sometimes question whether I am supposed to be this happy or not. I live in a world where happiness seems to be gone, or at least leaving shortly. How did I come to a place where I am able to be this happy? It seems almost unfair. I want others to feel what I feel. It really is overwhelming. It reminds me of the closing sentiments made by Kevin Spacey from the movie "American Beauty." He describes how he could be angry about the things that have happened to him, but it isn't worth it, because there is just so much beauty. I like that. When things are bad, live in that moment, because that moment of brief anger or sadness, will make your times of happiness like nothing else. I hope, if your reading this, you are happy, because I am happy right now, and there is nothing like it.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Purpose of a Blog
A blog is a funny thing. When I was walking through the process of creating this blog, I thought to myself , I am going to have to wait to post something, because I will need my first blog to be something profound. Groundbreaking. Thought provoking. Well, unfortunately I am not there yet, so this will have to suffice. I will use this space to simply communicate things happening in the world around me. Thoughts, ideas, excitements, disappointments, even spelling errors. I am excited about this "blog" because it is mine. I promise to use random thoughts and incomplete sentences. I don't even know if anyone will ever read this, but I suppose I am not terribly concerned with that. So, without further adue...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hello andrew. i read your blog. i am happy that you are happy. there is a guy who wrote a book that i would like to read (surprise!) called "Against Happiness." He talks of the merits of melancholy though i think he mostly addresses its benefits for creating art. in any case it sounds interesting.
booooooooring.....
finally! A new blog post! i've been waiting for this for like...4 1/2 months!
Post a Comment