Tuesday, October 21, 2008

October

Well, it has clearly been a while since I last entered any writing on this BLOG. This is a funny thing. Just the other day I was journaling about how there are some habits I wish I was in the habit of. Some of those being, journaling ironically, exercising, and reading. All things I really enjoy, but cannot seem to do consistently. Anyway, I suppose blogging is one of those habits I'd like to do more often as well.

It is October now, and life has slowed down significantly for me. Camp is starting to cool off, and memories of summer are becoming more distant. I am finding that living at Camp is kind of like a dream. What I mean is that nothing really stands alone. It all meshes together. I live here, work here, play here, you name it, I probably do it here. I love it. This is an incredible place to be at this walk in life, but nonetheless, it all happens here. I am loving this season of life. Lori and I are in a home now, and we really appreciate it after living in "The Studio" for several months. It finally feels like our home, and that is something I haven't really felt before.

I have been motivated lately to really investigate and love my faith. I have a relative, I won't mention his name, but nate asks questions that cause me to think, so it has been an interesting few weeks discovering new things about my faith that I hadn't put all that much thought into. I haven't gotten it all figured out quite yet, but I am a work in progress.

I am reading East of Eden. It is my good friend Sean's favorite book, and I was reminded of it when a different friend, Eric, was reading it on a camping trip. I picked it up at a small, warm little book store in Mammoth Lakes, California on a recent fishing trip. Clearly I took a break from fishing to go out on the town with a good friend Reid. I saw East of Eden, and picked it up. I love it so far. I am only 100 pages in, but the writing is captivating, and it is a pretty incredible story.

Well, sorry that this blog is one big mess, but like I said, that's what living at Camp does to you, one big beautiful mess.

2 comments:

Winn said...

Such a great book!!! It will rock you're world.

Winn

Nathan said...

whats happening!? you're posting!?