Ok, So, I am ready for this election to be over. It looks like it could possibly already be over considering Obama is ahead by some 10 points in the polls, but I am ready for it to be OVER. I say this for a couple reasons.
First, people are ridiculous. I hate that in a national election, or any election for that matter (student body president, homecoming queen, senator, president, school board chair, you name it), we, as humans, revert to our 6th grade tendencies to bash people. Apparently, if I am voting Obama, I am supposed to HATE McCain and Palin, or vice versa. It seriously frustrates me. I saw a comment on Facebook the other day in which someone said "I will pray for myself that if Obama wins the election, I won't kill myself." I hope your kidding. Clearly, BOTH, of these men have done at least a few things right to arrive where they have. They are both in a place to run for the Presidency. Pretty big deal I think.
Second, from a Christian perspective, I think it is OK to vote Democrate. Sometimes you gotta look at the big picture. I am not saying all Christians should vote Democrate, but I am saying that it should be ok. I read a forward a few minutes ago that was making a case that Obama could quite possibly be the ANTI-CHRIST. Now, I don't really know. That is a loaded comment, and for anyone who understands the idea of the ANTI-CHRIST, there are some pretty big implications there. This person, in which the forward was created, stated that, in Revelation, it states the the Anti-Christ will be someone of Muslim descent, will reign on earth about 42 months (3 and a half years, pretty close to one term as president), and that they will draw a lot of attention. Alright, well, I'm curious then, did we just dodge a bullet with John Carey? Because I could have sworn the same remarks were made about him, except he didn't fit the bill for the Muslim part. And lastly, even if Obama is the ANTI-CHRIST, I am wondering why all these CHRISTIANS don't want him in office, because all that means for us is a ticket to heaven right?
I hope anyone reading this knows that I am just a bit frustrated with people and the way they shine during election years. I don't know what will happen, but I will be happy when it's done.
Peace
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment