Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Good Day SunShine...

Good Morning. Today I walked out of my house to see the sun shining through the trees. I walked downstairs to work. That's right, My office is located directly below my home. The commute is tough, but bearable. The wooden steps carried my feet down the the office, I opened the door and walked to my office, "The Cave" if you will. My office has no windows, and the is always about 74 degrees. A perfect place for a nap. Lucky for me, right outside is a world of discovery to be had. Adventures of all kinds will happen in this forest in the next year, and I look forward to them. This blog entry is refreshing, it is simply to communicate happenings. No intense feelings, like those provoked by the election. I sure am glad that is over.

As I mentioned in a previous blog, I am reading an incredible book... East of Eden. I am about 2/3 of the way through, and most chapters are better than the one that came before. Steinbeck is pretty incredible. Last night I read the pages that described how Lee's mother died, and the way in which his father explained it to him as a boy. It was brutal. I love it when a book can call for an emotion. It forces you to connect with the characters. You can't just read the pages, you are invested. It is sad when a good book ends, but it motivates you to continue reading. For anyone who hasn't picked up East of Eden, do. You won't be disappointed.

I hope today holds some unexpected treasure. Living in a place like this I am sure the day will hold something I didn't expect. I hope the same is true for you. Peace in your heart...

2 comments:

Nathan said...

holy optimism batman! Josh would be proud of you.

Schlaeps said...

Just FYI, I tagged you in my latest blog.