Hello all you faithful readers...? So it has been nearly a year since my last blog. I think maybe the reason for that is a lack of inspiration. It's not that great things don't happen everyday in my life, or hard things worth writing about, but rather that I am not near enough to a computer to put my thoughts down. And by the time I am, I just don't think about blogging. Well, my hope is that today is a turning point. My wife Lori is on a blog kick, and she is so excited. I think it will help me be motivated to blog some more. Anyway, enough about whether I will be blogging regularly or not, because, well, if I were you I wouldn't trust me until you see some results.
A blog is an honest space. One for introspection and thought. A place where I can share my thoughts for you to read, and give feed back or just chew on. I don't want to just give you an update on my life in this post, but rather describe my feelings today, on the morning of November 12th, 2009.
This morning I am contemplative. I have a cup of coffee, a banana, and a computer. Upstairs my wife takes care of our home and puppy. Down the road, some guy is driving my old car. In Santa Cruz, some kid is surfing. In Southern California my mom is answering phones for people who want to go places. In the Northwest my family contemplates sickness. Across the world men fight a seeming endless war. But I have my coffee, banana, and computer. I am a man of faith. I am a man who believes in an all powerful God. A God who has the power to do anything. Still, I am forced to ponder the intricacies of life. You know, why things happen the way they do. Why bad things happen to good people. I truly believe there is a purpose behind it all, sometimes it is just tough to grapple with. Why do people spend years working in jobs they hate. I love learning about a loving God. It is amazing to me that someone died for me before I knew them. It is amazing that someone can love anyone so much. Sometimes it is just hard to have faith in the general sense. As I write this, I am tempted to write something like; "I want results, I want to see a miracle." But as soon as I think it, My mind is flooded with examples of miracles, and results. Last week, I shared with a group of guys that I was a bit stressed about money. That I had an appointment the following morning that could potentially cost me a lot of money that I don't have. We prayed. The next morning, the appointment didn't cost me a cent. The same day I saw someone receive a check for $1575.00. He proceeded to say that his rent was due that day, and that he couldn't afford it. His rent was $1550.00, and that check covered his rent with $25.00 left over. That afternoon a dear friend of ours had their puppy get really sick. The vet bill was far more than they could afford. My friends wife called a friend to ask for insight, the friend proceeded to tell her that before she had called, the friend and her husband had decided to give them their tithe for the month. This random act of kindness covered nearly half of the medical bill for the sick puppy. I work at a summer camp that scholarships young children. Last year we ran out of money for scholarships really early due to a struggling economy. The same week that our funds were depleted, we received a call and were told that in 2007, the tax auditors made a mistake, and that we had $17,000.00 in our scholarship account, to use immediately. These things strengthen my faith. Some may read that and think I am naive, but if you look at just those four small things that happened in my life, 3 of which were in the same day, and don't believe that there is something bigger going on here, I think you are naive. There is a God at work, and in my life, it is more evident all the time. I believe and I trust in that fact.
Wow, sorry, didn't mean to go all spiritual in my first post back from non-existence, but I suppose that's what happens when I let my fingers do the thinking. Until next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love it! Thanks for the reminder.
Well said, Andrew.
Post a Comment