Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Heart-Ache

Waking up to news about a massive earth quake is hard. My heart aches for all of those suffering from the earth quake that happened in Haiti yesterday. It is interesting to think about natural disasters. I am forced to contemplate the ideas of what would happen if I were ever caught in the midst of one. None of those people anticipated a massive earth quake striking when their days had come to an end. How would I react? Would I be able to react? Or would I be one of the unfortunate ones who didn't get the chance. Who knows. I am comforted by the idea that I have a promise waiting for me on the other side of death. I often stress out about the idea of flying. I am flying this weekend, and I was stressed about it until this morning. Knowing what those people must be enduring in Haiti, my stress was washed away. What I believe, promises that I shouldn't worry about tomorrow, that it will worry about itself. There is too much going on right now, today, that I can focus on. The world is a crazy place. The older I get, the clearer that becomes. Things like the Haiti earth quake, or the Tsunami a few years ago, or Hurricane Katrina, are often catalysts for people to blame God, or let it be a starting point for an unbelief. I view it just the opposite. I believe in God after these hardships more than ever. Although there is so much devastation, so much good will come from this. People of ALL races will come together to serve the nation of Haiti, and lift it up on their shoulders and put it back together. Instead of searching for the next tactic in warfare, or how to further it's countries goals, everyone will lay down their selfish obsessions, and carry the weight of a broken nation. I am saddened by all the people that lost their lives, or are injured because of this tragedy, but I am hopeful for what the outcome will be. God Bless Haiti on this January morning. They will be in my thoughts today, and tomorrow, and the day after.

No comments: